Business Development and Project Manager position
Innaxis is a private, independent, non-profit research institute focused on Data Science and its applications. Our research covers several areas of aviation including safety, emissions, airport operations, air traffic management, airlines irregular operations and delay management, mobility, etc. As an independent entity, Innaxis determines its own research agenda and has nearly 15 years of experience in European research programs with more than 30 successfully executed projects as of 2020.
Our team is formed by an interdisciplinary group of scientists, developers, engineers and program managers. We have an extensive network of external partners and collaborators, including a wide spectrum of entities from private companies to universities, public entities and other research institutes, together we look for innovative ways to push aviation into the future. Our headquarters are located in the center of Madrid, Spain.
About the position
Innaxis is currently looking for a Business Development and Project Manager to join its team. In this position, you will collaborate in the definition of our strategic research agenda and be responsible for finding and creating the business opportunities to implement it. Your responsibilities include the maintenance and further development of our network of partners and manage the full lifecycle of the research projects, from coordinating the proposal preparation to the project management tasks and contributions to the project during its execution.
About what we seek
- A University degree in Aeronautical Engineering or a related program, MSc or PhD is not required but positively evaluated.
- Solid professional experience within the aeronautical sector.
- Strong knowledge of the European research ecosystem, including its strategy and relevant programs for aviation and mobility.
- Hands-on experience in research proposal preparation, writing, editing and coordination.
- Familiar with the Agile Scrum methodology
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral). It is the working language at Innaxis.
- Strong interpersonal skills and practical experience in management tasks.
- General knowledge of Data Science project lifecycle is a plus, but not a mandatory requirement.
The successful candidate will be offered a position, which includes a unique set of benefits:
- An opportunity to develop a career in Aviation research, looking into the future but focusing on solving real world problems.
- Participation in international research programs, workshops and conferences.
- Experience with a variety of interesting datasets: from airlines, airports, air navigation service providers to other aviation stakeholders.
- Integration into a highly qualified, very collaborative, young, international team.
- A beautiful, well-located office in the center of Madrid.
- Flexible work schedule and excellent working conditions.
- Long term and stable position. Innaxis is steadily growing since its foundation 15 years ago.
- A salary representative of skills, experience and education.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a CV in PDF format to email@example.com. A motivational letter in the same PDF and any other relevant information supporting the application is appreciated and positively considered. For instance, links to GitHub and/or Stack Overflow profiles, website, blog, or a summary of portfolio of projects or LinkedIn profile. Please include all your relevant information in a single PDF.
Applicable candidates will be contacted directly regarding next steps in the selection process. We review all submissions personally and respond in due time.